Even wonderful children make a mess. If you have kids here are some tips to help make cleaning up after them a little easier for you…especially if you have to do it often.
American humorist Erma Bombeck said, “Cleaning the house while the children are growing is like shoveling the sidewalk before it stops snowing.” This may be true, but if you follow these tips, you’ll stay on top of messes, and prevent some before they start. So smile and take pleasure in the joys of parenting!
Our Top Tips For Cleaning Up After Kids
- Have a schedule. This will keep you from becoming overwhelmed. Consider doing one room or task per day: cleaning the bathroom on Monday, or vacuuming on Saturday and Wednesday.
- Multitask. Run the dishwasher as you clean the bathtub. Mop the floor during the obligatory call to a sick friend.
- Sort things out. Identify toys your kids no longer play with, clothes they’ve outgrown, books they don’t read, etc. Give these away or put them in storage. This means more room for the things they do use, and less clutter plus easier cleaning.
- Prevent problems. If they’re painting or making cookies, cover the floor and put newspapers under anything that’s likely to splatter or spill. Always think about prevention; it will save headaches later.
- Eliminate messy mealtimes. Kids are sloppy eaters; the younger they are, the sloppier they will be. So put plastic or newspapers under the high chair or chair, use ENORMOUS washable or disposable placemats, use huge bibs to protect their clothing, and when feeding a baby, wear an apron to protect your own. Insist that crumbly cookies be eaten at a table and not on the run.
- Monitor your kids. Watch out for stickers, crayons, markers, etc. Even if you’ve said “Don’t,” these are still likely to end up on walls, doors, or furniture, so be cautious about letting kids use these when you’re not watching. Keep an eye on your children as much as possible to stop them in their tracks as they’re about to make a mess, and clean up dirt and spills immediately.
- Finally, make it easy on yourself. Organize your home for easy cleaning, and use products with easy care in mind. Don’t buy kids’ clothes that need ironing, for example. Don’t fill their rooms with knick-knacks. Use a plastic mattress cover to protect against bed wetting. You get the idea.
Did you find these tips useful? If so please share with your friends.
We provide high-quality cleaning service at an affordable price. Our experienced team of professionals prides themselves in maintaining the highest standards.
When you move out from a rented property, there are a number of things which must be planned and organized. This includes the end of tenancy cleaning, which a large number of landlords are now insisting be done by a professional cleaning company. Our end of tenancy cleaning services are designed to help take the pressure off you and ensure that you are 100% satisfied with the outcome.