Do you want to remove your old furniture or your storeroom is full of unnecessary stuff?
Then you will definitely need a professional garbage removal company. Of course, you can do this job yourself, but in that case you:
- must have at least one day to collect and remove your old furniture (sometimes that garbage removal requires more than two people to transfer it);
- must know all the regulations for garbage removal;
- need to pay all the special fees yourself.
Everyone thinks that one of our most unpleasant domestic obligations is throwing the garbage. Choosing the most effective company for garbage removal can save us a lot of worries and precious time. That is very important aspect of our life because nowadays pollution is a global issue.
Different situations may require the need of calling a garbage removal company:
- if you are a tenant at the end of the tenancy;
- if you are refreshing old furniture with new ones;
- if you have done some renovation at your home;
- if you have some specific garbage items that you want to get rid of after the spring/fall cleaning (for example hazardous waste, large waste items);
- if you have some business that needs a professional garbage removal and recycling;
- if you have decided to make the ordinary garbage removal in the easiest way.
When choosing the right professional company for garbage removal, be sure it observes all the legal regulations.
There are a few specific regulations for garbage removals.
They require not only collecting garbage but ensuring waste is transferred in a way, that it does not put in danger human health or the environment. Every company must follow four steps in its waste management.
Waste management includes:
- Collecting your garbage.
- Transferring garbage from your home to a landfill.
- Treating garbage according to its characteristics (hazardous, non-hazardous, suitable for recycling, etc.)
- Disposing of garbage (that involves monitoring and regulation).
The regulations for garbage removals include:
- Hazardous waste regulations– Some of your garbage items may cause harm to human health or our nature, so they should be collected in a special way.
- Non-hazardous waste regulations– They usually concern our everyday household garbage.
- Regulations for electrical items– People should reduce electrical and electronic waste by re-using, repairing, and recycling.
- Batteries regulations– Batteries may cause great harm to the environment if you just throw them in your household garbage. They should be collected for recycling in special recycling bins.
- Regulations for garden waste– If you have a garden you should have a green bin for garden waste (the colour depends on the waste removal company, but is usually green), where you can collect grass cuttings, small branches, leaves, weeds, etc. Collecting household garbage is normally once a week and garden garbage-once in a two-week time.
- Regulations for recycling– Recycling is a worldwide issue. It is your responsibility to recycle every garbage that is reusable material.
- Regulations for “end-of-life vehicles”– Old vehicles cause serious harm to environment, so it is recommended to use their components in recycling.
- Regulations for packaging garbage– Packaging waste regulations are producers’ responsibility. Their aim is to minimise the danger to the environment.
- Regulations for landfills– They define different types of landfills (for hazardous, non-hazardous, and inert waste). The landfill directive helps to prevent negative effects on our nature such as the popular “green effect” or pollution of soil, air, and water. The most common practice for disposing of rubbish in a landfill is to bury it. However, modern landfills have their specific characteristics and need to be stable and hygienic.
All companies for garbage removals have to observe and follow these regulations indispensably.
Some things that you need to know about garbage issues are:
- If you cause some environmental offence, you may get a fine. Such offence might be:
- Throwing garbage in unregulated places;
- Drawing graffiti;
- Walking with your pet and not cleaning after it;
- Sticking some ads or posters without having the permission.
The amount of the fine may be different. It depends on the specific authority and how serious is the environmental offence. Usually, the period of paying such a fine is 14 days. If you do not pay it in time, you can get a bigger size of the fine.
- If you have large waste items (like old refrigerators, dishwashers, beds) then you need to apply for special removal. It will cost you an additional fee.
- If you choose to use the service of a waste removal company, have in mind they normally collect the garbage once a week. You can check online the exact day of the garbage removal for your region.
- Also, be aware of the prices and taxes they are taking from a household. The measurement unit, normally used in rubbish removals, is a cubic yard. It is a volume measurement and is about the size of a fridge. Different companies have different fees. They usually vary from about 40 pounds to 90 pounds for a yard. Most waste removal companies have their limit of garbage collection to 12 cubic yards. The charge for such garbage removal may cost you from about 230 to 300 pounds. That price includes labour, transport, disposal, and transfer station fees.
- If you have garden waste, it is your job to collect it and remove it in a special garden waste bin. The garbage removal company usually take care of it once in a two week time.
- If you want to protect the environment, get yourself a recycling bin. In some regions this is obligatory and in others-recommendable. In both cases, you will feel more efficient if you recycle your garbage.
Thinking for the future, you should have in mind that pollution is one of the world’s greatest problems and taking care of our everyday waste is one step forward for living better.
We provide high-quality cleaning service at an affordable price. Our experienced team of professionals prides themselves in maintaining the highest standards.
When you move out from a rented property, there are a number of things which must be planned and organized. This includes the end of tenancy cleaning, which a large number of landlords are now insisting be done by a professional cleaning company. Our end of tenancy cleaning services are designed to help take the pressure off you and ensure that you are 100% satisfied with the outcome.