Organic over chemical cleaning is one of the biggest green trends of 2019. This craze for natural cleaning products was caused by the majority of supermarkets failing to offer any Eco-friendly options. Many people have been unknowingly buying cleaning products that are not only damaging to their health, but also to the environment. Whether you’re cleaning the kitchen, bathroom or bedroom- the majority of cleaning products have dangerous chemicals which can be harmful if ingested, touched or even inhaled. Furthermore, these products can be harmful to the environment if their toxins manage to enter waterways and streams.
As the trend for eco-friendly cleaning products grows, companies have shown that safer natural ingredients can easily replace harmful chemicals, to clean your house effectively. Natural cleaning products are mostly biodegradable, recyclable and made from natural chemical free ingredients. These products are helping protect peoples’ health (adults, children and pets) and the whole planet (minimising its damage to the environment).
We’ve listed some of the best natural cleaning products, you need in your house.
Be kinder to your health and the environment today.
Method is an Eco-friendly cleaning brand, that develops products which help bring benefits to both the people and the planet. Method ensures all their cleaning products contain no chemicals, are paraben free and biodegradable. The brand believes strongly in more sustainable living, being big advocates for preventing climate change and animal cruelty. Method has low carbon emissions, buying renewable energy credit and using bio-diesel in a third of their trucks. You can rest assured that your Method products are helping to save the world in every way they can. Method has now been Cradle to Cradle-certified, proving its high standards in ingredient safety, and brand sustainability.
One of our favourite Method products is the:
Method antibacterial all-purpose cleaner
- Made from naturally derived lactic acid
- Contains a scent of wild rhubarb with no artificial smells.
- Kills 99.9% of bacteria
- Can be used on several surfaces e.g. showers, kitchen tops, tables, mirrors etc.
- Bottles made out of recycled bottles (although refills are not available).
ECOS (Earth Friendly Products) is a natural cleaning brand which creates products that are safe for your family, pets and the environment. ECOS creates cleaning products using only natural, chemical-free ingredients such as orange oil and vinegar. The brand ensures no product causes harm to the environment or any animals.
One of our favourite ECOS products is the:
ECOS Laundry Liquid
- Made from natural plant extracts
- The liquid contains a built-in soy-based coconut fabric softener, making the product extremely efficient.
- Its gentle action protects clothes and is suitable for sensitive skin.
- The normal 29 ml bottle contains 50 washes, which is approximately 3 times more than other brands- saving plastic, storage and money.
3. Better life
Better Life ensure their cleaning products do not contain any unnecessary ingredients which could harm people, pets or the planet. All Better life products are free of toxic chemicals such as alcohol, sulfates and other petroleum cleaning agents. Furthermore, the packaging is made using solar energy and recyclable materials. Their cleaning products are so safe you can actually spray them in your mouth (the cofounder actually did this during a pitch).
One of our favourite Better Life products is the:
All-purpose cleaning wipes
- Scented with natural essential oils and botanical extracts
- Can be used on multiple surfaces such as toilets, doors, toys, cars, tables etc.
- They are completely recyclable
Bio-D is a UK-based brand, ethically motivated to create Eco cleaning products using only natural ingredients. Bio-D is proud to manufacture and create products which have little impact on the environment. Bio-D cleaning products are made out of plant-based ingredients, from renewable sources wherever possible. Bio-D is GM free, with no added colours or parabens.
One of our favourite Bio-D products is the:
Bio D floor cleaner with linseed soap
- The product contains linseed soap which has conditioning properties, making the product very effective at cleaning hard floor surfaces, such as: vinyl, laminate, ceramic tiles and even wood.
- The product can be used to clean septic tanks and cesspits
- Ingredients are all naturally derived from raw materials
- The bottle and cap are 100% recyclable
- The floor cleaner has been approved by the Vegan society, and Cruelty Free International.
Puracy strongly believe in creating green cleaning products that are effective, pure and free from any toxins. Puracy only use natural ingredients in their cleaning products, helping to protect the environment. Puracy products are biodegradable with their bottles being 100% recyclable. Puracy also offers refills for products to help save plastic, water and energy. Puracy cleaning products are never tested on animals, being certified by cruelty free international.
Finally, all cleaning products are entirely created in America, with the artwork on each bottle featuring local artists (helping their community). Furthermore, Puracy donates to a local charity after every purchase.
One of our favourite Puracy products is the:
Natural carpet & upholstery shampoo
- Uses sustainable ingredients to effectively erase stains, soils, and odours
- Product is scented with natural citruses e.g. sun ripened citrus to leave your home smelling fresh.
- Fast acting, with low foam
- One of the only natural carpet and fabric shampoos on the market
- Child and pet safe.
- The products contain 4x more concentrated formula, with 75% less plastic, water and energy waste compared to other companies.
- Safe to use in gray water and septic tanks
- The product is 99.5% Natural
Daylesford is an ethical brand built on sustainability. The brand only creates cleaning products which are natural and suitable for all skin types (being allergy tested). Their cleaning products are made of 99% natural ingredients, of which 84% are organic. Daylesford have created a zero-waste pantry, where all their cleaning products are refillable. This allows customers to refill their products to the amount they need, saving you money and reducing their plastic waste.
One of our favourite Daylesford products is the:
Rosemary lavatory cleaner
- Effectively cleans bathrooms, floors and kitchens with no chemicals.
- Product is naturally scented with rosemary oil.
- All ingredients are derived from natural renewable sources
- Product is biodegradable and recyclable
- Product causes no harm to the environment and is not tested on animals.
- Product is completely family friendly, being solvent free
Ecover is a clean business, which aims to be good to both people and the environment. The majority of their cleaning products are produced using biodegradable, plant-derived substances. Ecover strongly believes in creating plastic free cleaning products, to help reduce the biodiversity threat to the oceans. For example, Ecover released a limited edition washing up liquid bottle, that was created using reclaimed plastic from the ocean. The brand is aspiring to be a plastic free company by 2020. Furthermore, Ecover allows customers to refill their cleaning products up to 50 times.
One of our favourite Ecover products is the:
Ecover Zero Dishwasher Tablets
- Made from mineral and plant-based ingredients, effectively washing dirty items.
- Product contains no added fragrance, dyes or chlorine
- Biodegradable, phosphate-free formula
- Recycled cardboard packaging
- The product is suitable for all skin types- being approved by allergy UK.
We appreciate that finding chemical free, natural cleaning products can be time consuming, let alone actually cleaning. Rest easy. Here at EOT you can hire cleaners that will deep clean your house, using entirely organic cleaning products. Our brand is committed to helping the environment by reducing our waste and using sustainable cleaning products with no chemicals. Take a look at our website today.